Try out this delicious risotto recipe which uses our light, delicate and aromatic Jasmine Green tea to complement the dish.
- 5 heaped tsp. Jasmine Green tea
- 1 medium, chopped onion
- 400 g risotto Rice
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 3 tblsp. butter
- 40 g grated parmesan
- 1 bunch of green Asparagus
- 1 handful of watercress
- 1/2 organic Lemon
- salt, pepper, sea salt
- Brew the Jasmine tea with 1 litre of 75-80°C hot water. Let infuse for 3 minutes and strain into a pot.
- Chop the onion and watercress, grate the parmesan. Rinse the asparagus and cut off the bottom part which is stringy. Cut the asparagus into bite-sized pieces and sear in the pan with some salt and a dash of lemon juice until al dente.
- Sweat the onion cubes with half of the butter on medium heat. Add the rice and also sweat for about 3 minutes while stirring. Deglaze with the wine. As soon as this is evaporated, add the still hot tea in small amounts so that the rice is always just covered with liquid. Stir frequently. It takes about 25 minutes for the rice to be al dente. Now add the butter, the grated parmesan and the chopped watercress. Add lemon peel, sea salt and pepper to taste. Now top off the risotto with the asparagus.