Bonfire Night is all about lighting up the sky with fireworks and coming together around the warmth of a roaring bonfire. But why not add a unique twist to your celebration this year by hosting a “Bonfire Night Tea Tasting”?
Setting the Scene:
Imagine gathering your friends and family around a crackling bonfire. Instead of the traditional hot chocolate or mulled wine, offer a variety of teas that match the season’s spirit. Set up a tea station with a large thermos or teapot filled with each tea option, along with cups, and a selection of sweet and savoury snacks.
- Bonfire Chai: Start with a classic chai tea, infused with warming spices like cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves. This tea will complement the cosy atmosphere of the bonfire perfectly.
- Crisp Apple and Cinnamon Tea: Celebrate with a soothing apple flavoured herbal tea. It’s a fruity and caffeine-free option. The cinnamon pairs well with autumn-inspired treats.
- Spiced Pumpkin Tea: Embrace the flavours of the season with a spiced pumpkin tea.
- Tasty Rooibos Chocolate Orange: For those who prefer a caffeine-free option, offer a rooibos tea with a chocolatey twist!
Enhance the tea tasting experience by offering an array of treats that complement the teas. Consider options like:
- S’mores: Provide digestive thins or malted milk biscuits, chocolate, and marshmallows, for roasting over the bonfire.
- Mini sticky toffee puddings: These sweet treats are a perfect match for the tea selection.
- Caramel or toffee-dipped apple slices: The sweet crunch of apples with a luscious caramel drizzle pairs beautifully with the teas.
Encourage your guests to explore and discuss the various flavours, aromas, and pairings. Each tea can be steeped and served with a slice of the paired treat, allowing everyone to enjoy the full sensory experience.
With the fireworks and a unique bonfire night tea tasting, it’s sure to be an evening to remember.