GORGEOUSLY GREEN TEA COCKTAILS FOR ST PADDY’S DAY
What better way to celebrate the day, than with these two gorgeously green tea cocktails:
Matcha Green Tea Gimlet
Simple Syrup Recipe:
Combine equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a slow boil while continuously stirring until all sugar has dissolved. Let cool and bottle. This should keep in your fridge for about a month or so.
- 1 tablespoon Matcha Powder
- 90ml of water
- Juice of 1 small lime (30ml)
- 15ml of simple syrup
- 75ml of good London dry gin
- In a separate glass mix 1 tablespoon matcha powder with 90ml of water. Stir vigorously to combine.
- Juice your small lime into the green tea mixture.
- add 15ml of simple syrup to the green tea mixture.
- Add ice to your cocktail shaker.
- Combine your green tea mixture with 75ml of gin in the cocktail shaker.
- Quickly swirl the cocktail shaker until the outside becomes icy and cold. Note: never shake gin as you may bruise the soft botanicals an alter the delicate balance of flavours.
- Strain drink into your favourite martini glass.
- Savour the taste of spring.
- 43g of sugar
- 80ml of water
- 1/2 teaspoon Matcha Powder
- 5 mint leaves
- 60ml of good white rum
- 30ml of vodka
- 45-60ml of matcha simple syrup , depending on how strong a matcha flavour or sweetness you like
- 80ml of soda water
- Mint leaves for garnish
To make the matcha simple syrup:
Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and whisk until totally dissolved. Remove from heat. Spoon matcha into a small bowl and pour a little simple syrup into the bowl to make a paste, whisking vigorously until totally smooth. Pour in remaining simple syrup and whisk until smooth. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until cool and ready to use.
To make matcha mojito:
Tear mint leaves and place in the bottom of a tall glass. Muddle mint leaves with a muddler or back of a spoon. Add rum, vodka, and matcha simple syrup and stir to combine. Add a couple handfuls of ice, up to about 2/3 of the glass. Top with club soda.