Tea infused cocktails: perfect for Galentine’s or Valentine’s Day
February is upon us and with it brings a day that usually involves us sipping on something other than pure tea. Try these delicious tea infused cocktails for the perfect Galentine’s or Valentine’s Day cocktail.
Ginger & Jasmine Rosé Cocktail Recipe
Makes 4 cocktails
- 110 ml simple sugar syrup
- 8 slices fresh ginger
- 170 ml of steeped and cooled Jasmine tea
- 85 ml vodka
- 40 ml fresh lemon juice
- Splash of sparkling Rosé
- Muddle the ginger and simple syrup together.
- Add the tea, lemon juice, and vodka.
- Strain over a glass.
- Add a generous splash of sparkling rosé on top.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
Tea & Biscuits Cocktail
- 43 ml Cognac
- 14 ml Chai tea syrup
- 14 ml Fresh lemon juice
- 7 ml Orgeat syrup (almond or amaretto are good substitutes)
- 3 Drops cardamon bitters
- 1 Egg
- 1 Digestive biscuit
- Combine all of the ingredients in a shaker tin (without ice) and dry shake.
- Add ice and shake again to chill.
- Strain into a chilled glass, then grate a little of the biscuit on top.
- Toast 6 cardamom pods and 1 Tbsp. of fennel seed in a saucepan until aromatic.
- Steep spices in 3 cups of hot water for 5 minutes with 1 tsp. of Ceylon or Nilgiri tea.
- Strain the leaves and spices out of the mixture and discard.
- Combine the steeped liquid with 3 cups of sugar.
- Stir to combine.
- Can store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Red Velvet Cocktail
- 25ml Vodka
- Strawberries and Cream tea
- 10ml Lime juice
- 10ml Vanilla syrup
- 50ml Grapefruit juice
- 10ml Ginger liqueur
- Red berries to garnish
- Infuse the vodka with the Strawberries and Cream tea for 24 hours.
- In a shaker, mix the vanilla syrup, lime juice and add a spicy touch of ginger liqueur.
- Mix this preparation with the infused vodka on ice and grapefruit juice.
- Serve in a Martini glass garnished with red berries.