We love this lemon lavender shortbread recipe with our Lavender Flowers tea as a key ingredient. Pair it with a cup of Earl Grey to complement the citrus notes. It’s perfect for World Baking Day on 21 May, when we are all encouraged to get baking and give the end result to someone you care about.
- 227g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100g cup granulated sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tbs lavender flowers tea
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 175°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, loose leaf lavender tea, lemon zest, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it into a disk. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out biscuits and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the biscuits for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve at room temperature.
Enjoy your delicious Lemon Lavender Tea Shortbread!